Monday, November 02, 2009

16 weeks and 6 days - A Little Nervous

I think the next couple of weeks have me a little on edge, but I'm trying to be calm.  Embryo transfer on Thursday, Maddie's four-month birthday on Saturday, and then her due date is the following Saturday (Nov. 14).  I'm usually a worrier, so I'm just trying to keep cool about this - whatever is going to happen is going to happen.

I'm also trying my best to keep this as quiet as possible.  We've told maybe three friends or so in real life, and no family.  I don't want to get people involved in this until after it's all over, and we know something.  At this point, what good does it do if people know we're doing this?  How does that help?  It doesn't, so it's best just to keep it private and not have to field questions.

Best of luck to everyone having big weeks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely that you want to keep this quiet.

I feel like you and I are literally feeling the exact same things. We are both in the same post loss period, our due dates are both approaching and we are both attempting another pregnancy. *huge hugs* I am here for you. :) I just tell myself no drama, keep calm, breathe in and breate out. Its all about us now.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thanks, Jess - it's kind of you to think of me! :)

Heather said...

I will be thinking of you and sending some extra prayers this week.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so much, Heather! :) Those mean a ton!

Allison (Ali) said...

I am the very beginning of my journey through my grief. We lost our daughter on 10/10 due to IC at 19wk6d.

And I am starting to contemplate when I will be "ready" to try again. Although I know I will never be completely ready.

Ranbow baby wishes for you. I will be following your journey with hope that we both have our happy endings.