This has been a horrible, horrible year in so many ways - but focusing on that does nothing good for me. I have so many reasons to be grateful.
I am so intensely grateful for my wonderful, amazing husband. He is always supportive and sweet, even when it seemed like I wasn't going to be able to even function. He's kind and smart, funny and wonderful.
I am grateful for a stable job that allows me to use my skills.
I am grateful for friends and family. So many have provided support at different times, given generously of their hearts.
I am grateful for a God who has carried me through a horrible time, given me a focus and hope.
I am grateful for the wonderful women who come here and listen to me ramble, who share their own stories.
I am incredibly grateful for the gift of this pregnancy. I worry every day that something bad is going to happen, but am just so lucky for every day I have with this baby.
I am grateful for my Maddie. She was given to me on God's schedule, even though it wasn't mine. I am so blessed that she was given to me, and she gives me hope everyday. I want to live my life in a better way so that I might see her again someday.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving. :)
Happy Day After Thanksgiving!
And the same to both of you! :)
As heartbreaking our losses are, its important that we also focus on the positive and what we have in our lives. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!
Yes, there are many reasons to be grateful even when it's been horrible!
Post a Comment