Sunday, November 01, 2009

16 weeks and 5 days - All Saints Day

We got a letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago that our church would be lighting a candle in memory of Maddie at today's All Saints Day service, and inviting us to come and light the candle for her.  I was just so touched that they would remember and honor her, so JTD and I went this morning to the service.

It was so much harder than I imagined.  Just lighting that simple candle - I sobbed in front of the whole church.  It was just amazing, though, to see the outpouring of support and love for us, even as new members of the church.  Our little girl insipred (and continues to inspire) so much love - I am just so proud of her, and so grateful to be a part of that.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow - it sounds like you go to church with a great group of people. Your Maddie is definitely loved. **hugs**

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so, so much, Heather. :) You have such a kind heart. We are truly blessed.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful of your church to honor your sweet little girl. The loss of a child tends to polarize so many things in life - I am glad that your faith and spirituality has not been one of them.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so much! I honestly think it's been strengthened, if anything - you're right, there really is a polarizing effect on faith with loss.

Holly said...

That was so nice of them to honor Maddie with a candle. It feels wonderful when someone remembers your baby.

Anonymous said...

Angie, that is absolutely beautiful. *hugs*

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Holly - you're so right, it's such a wonderful feeling to know that others are thinking about her.

Jess - thanks! Hugs back!