It's been a really mild summer here in the midwest - by far the warmest week was the week before I had Maddie. Unfortunately, I think fall and winter are going to come early this year - it's been stormy and gloomy (and cold!) the last few days, and it's not looking like it's going to let up. In short, the weather is kind of a bag of crap right now - it takes a lot of focus to get around that whole melancholy, dreary mindset when it's almost dark out! But, there's hope - yesterday was Day 1 of shots, and it didn't kill me to do them again. So, you know, that's good... :) Bring on the Lupron headaches!
Physically - 7.5 Mentally – 6.5
Emotionally - 5.5 Spiritually - 7.5
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh I hear you on the weather - I'm in the Midwest too. It has been storming and raining all day long and I can just tell it's cold outside. I missed out on summer this year - I was in the hospital all of July and all of August. At least they let me out for 30 minutes a day, so I got to enjoy some of the mild summer we had.
Good luck with the shots. I am thinking of you as you go through this process.
It's chilly, Heather! It's only supposed to get up to 50 here tomorrow - it's still October 1!? I am so sorry that you missed the summer - it just went so quickly, and yet took forever.
Thank you so much for the kind thoughts - I'm hoping it's a good outcome!
I second that on the weather. In New England its been a cold summer. We had summer for a few weeks at the end of July into August, but I turned on the heat today. Boo. :(
Are these shots to trigger your periods or hormone shots? Hugs and prayers as you go through this process. :)
Our heat is on, too - it went from air to heat too quickly.
These are kind of hormone shots, but not to stimulate egg production. I give myself shots every evening of Lupron - essentially, it's supposed to work your ovaries up so much that they shut down (if I understand correctly). If/when we decide to do the FET, they want my ovaries totally quiet (not that they do anything normally, anyway).
Colorado is expected to have a long, wet winter as well. I really enjoyed the milder summer, though it was hard to see our first round of snow last week!
I know how hard moving forward with trying-to-conceive again can be - I am thinking of you as you start the process.
I can't really complain about some rain when you're getting snow! Yikes - I hope the winter is mild, too!
Thank you so much. :) Those warm wishes are awesome.
Post a Comment