Whew. We had our ultrasound today, and all is good. Better than good - fantastic. I’m 6w4d gestationally, and measuring 6w1d (so right on track). Heartbeat was strong – 120 bpm. Everything went so well that they said that I don’t need to go see my RE tomorrow for the ultrasound there – we just made an 8 week appointment there. It was such an amazing moment to see the heartbeat, after I was so very worried – I cried (as I always do), it was just so beautiful. I won’t breathe until I’m holding that baby in my arms, but seeing the heartbeat brings the rate of miscarriage down under 5%.
My consult with the perinatologist is on December 17 (same day as my next u/s at the RE). I will indeed be doing a Shirodkar cerclage, so I feel really relieved. You know, I was thinking about it – throughout my life, my goal has always been to have as few people as possible see my business end. I want to go to Heaven being able to say that I really had the least number of people possible who could possibly discuss that part of me. After all of the fertility treatments over the past four and a half years, pregnancy, and then the process of losing Maddie – I’ve kind of decided to start a tally from here on out. Obviously the list will be incomplete, but I’m sure it will be distinguished.
In the interest of that – oh, look, here’s my uterus! :)
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
Woo-hoo!!! I've been praying...and checking your blog obsessively. I'm so thrilled for you!
Funny story regarding showing your "business" to others: When we first found out we were being evacuated to Vienna, my husband's first comment was, "Well, I don't think anyone in Austria has seen your lady parts so that will be a new experience for you." You know how people have those maps that say which countries and states they've visited? I could have one for which countries and states in which I have shown my lady parts!
I posted before I had a chance to say I hope you can relax more and enjoy the nausea!
Rachel, you're so sweet - you made me cry and then laugh within the same comments. :) You're the sweetest woman ever!
LOL - I just lost it at the Vienna story. I'm so glad that your lady parts are so cultured and well-traveled! (That is a sentence I've never said before - I obviously mean "well-traveled" in the good sense!) Thank you so much - yeah, the nausea is ramping up today, so I'm pretty excited about that. I'll take it, though, if it means a healthy baby!
That is the most beautiful picture ever! I am so happy that today went well!
You are just the sweetest thing ever! :) I was just so relieved - I know that you know the giant, sobby exhale. I can't stop looking at it!
Yippeeee!!!! Yes!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!
You just made me laugh, Cheryl. :) Thank you - that's pretty much exactly what I said! :)
yay -- thats what we want to hear GOOD NEWS!!!
I'm really interested in hearing about the cerclage when they do it, since i will hopefully be there in a few months myself.
~~HUGS~~
and good thoughts!
You are so sweet, Ali! I'll definitely keep you updated - I should know a little more after my appointment on the 17th, and will then give you the first-hand account when it's placed! :)
I've been reading your blog for awhile and I am so happy for you! Your ultrasound picture is fantastic! We had a miscarriage in March and and were blessed with a healthy pregnancy in October (due in June 2010) we have seen our baby three times with a great heartbeat so I know the excitment and relief of seeing that wonderful heartbeat! Wishing you much happiness in the next nine months!
jrose, I am just so happy for you! Do you do the crying thing every time you see the heartbeat, too? :) It's just this relief, amazement, and almost disbelief, all at the same time. :) Please keep me updated in the upcoming months - I'll be praying that they go by quickly! That's so much better than dragging on!
Yeah Ang CONGRATS!!! What a beautiful little one. I've been keepin up on your blogs, but been so busy with school I don't have much time to respond to your great blogs. Again congrats and thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Love Amy
Amy - you're just so sweet! I can't believe you take the time to stop by when you've got so much going on! Thank you - I hope school is going well, and your words mean so very much!
such good news! i know what you mean about feeling like the whole world has seen your girl parts. i just feel sorry for my husband because he's seen things going on down there that no one should ever have to. i'm glad you're getting a shirodkar. write me and tell me more about it. why did the doctor chose shirodkar over macdonald?
Bree, you're so sweet! I just shot you an e-mail. It was great - my OB just let me choose which I wanted! It couldn't have been much easier!
wonderful news!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so happy for you!
Angie, I am so glad that all went well today. You guys deserve this. Just sit back and try to enjoy this new life. I know easier said then done, but we are all pulling for you guys. *hugs*
:D YAY!!!!!
You guys are all making me smile! :) Thank you - I just keep praying that this keeps moving in the right direction!
Doing a happy dance for you! I had heard that once you see the heart beat the rate of MC goes down significantly. That would definitely help put my mind a little more at ease!
Post a Comment