Ugh. Day 2 of being a shut-in due to a monster blizzard. Luckily I can work from home (and have been busy), but this is frustrating. I understand that there is a chance of being in a situation like this if I get put on bedrest, but I'm sick of these walls!
Hope everyone is staying warm.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Angie, we are getting our first real storm today so I know what you mean about feeling shut in. I was hoping to do Christmas shopping today, but think I would rather just stay here where its safe. Thank god for working at home *hugs*
Yeah, we're up to 14 inches of snow, and 60 mph winds. Most of our interstates and highways surrounding our house are totally closed due to massive accidents/semis tipping over. It's so much safer inside.
Oh wow! 14 inches, huh? It's really windy and COLD here and it has been flurrying like mad, but nothing is sticking yet. Be careful!
And believe me, being shut in on bed rest is NO fun at all. Let's hope that doesn't happen for you!
Heather - yeah, we have about a three-foot drift on our deck! Thank goodness we don't have any animals that need to go outside.
Stay warm and safe - it's super-cold here, too, and I don't think it's supposed to warm up here in the midwest for a while.
Blech, snow. So beautiful, yet so darn annoying. We woke up to about 6 inches this morning and a normal 45 min drive to work turned into almost 2 hours.
Oh, Jill, I hope you're staying safe! Be safe at work - go home if it gets too bad! Once it starts blowing, it's dangerous!
Sorry you're feeling bored with being shut in! I'd offer to take a little bit of your snow if I thought it would actually happen :D Instead, we're getting lots of rain and its actually very warm out after a few days of cooler weather. Sometimes I wish we lived where it snowed!
I was in Savannah in February 2008, Lynn - the weather was absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous!
I woke up this morning to rain. A lot of rain. I was really hoping for something (even ice!) so I could stay home.
But I understand. One day of being snowed in is fun. Then you run out of hot chocolate and it's not so fun anymore.
I hope you dig out soon!
I am not a big fan of rain at all! I'm sorry you didn't get anything more interesting. You're right - one day is a lot more fun than two.
Angie, stop by my blog today if you can doing a giveaway for baby loss mamas. All baby loss mamas are eligble to enter. :)
After hitting a high of 8 yesterday, we are now sitting at a balmy 18 degrees! Thankfully, the snow that has come with the cold only totals about 5 inches (as opposed to the 18 inches that we had a few weeks ago. Hope it warms up and you are able to bust out soon!
18 degrees? Why aren't you all at the pool?
Just kidding - I think you guys get a ton more snow than we do! Stay warm and safe!
Post a Comment