Just got home from a day full of doctors appointments!
I was a little afraid of the way the day started out. I woke up around 4 a.m. with horrible morning sickness - I was getting sick so hard that I have broken blood vessels all over my face today. Then I just remembered that morning sickness is a GOOD sign, and was able to sleep again.
My perinatologist appointment went really well. The cerclage is scheduled for Monday, January 18 at 9 a.m. - I'll be 13 weeks and 2 days at that time. We'll be doing the Shirodkar (my peri only does those), I'll be staying in the hospital overnight for observation, and I'll have the choice of a spinal or general anesthesia. After being told by three doctors today that it wouldn't hurt the baby, I'll probably opt for general - I'm kind of high-strung, and I'm pretty sure the doctor would want to punch me if I were awake. My husband's mom will be in town from California at that time, so she'll be able to stay home with me. A quick exam showed that I'm doing well right now (and two new people are on the list now who have seen my girl parts - awesome!). We did a regular belly ultrasound there - the heartbeat was 173 bpm, and I was measuring 8 weeks 6 days (1 day ahead of where I am - which is a first for me!). I got a wonderful 3D shot of baby that I'll try and scan tomorrow and post.
My RE appointment went well. I have just the most wonderful fertility doctor on Earth - he gave me two huge hugs and let me know I'm his favorite patient. :) We talked a bit about the cerclage, and we did a TV ultrasound. Baby was still measuring 8w6d, and the heartbeat there was 183 bpm. The baby was standing on its head for that whole ultrasound, which made me laugh! He graduated me - we're doing great!
The only sad part of today was filling out all of the forms at the peri's office. There were a couple of different places where they ask, "How many pregnancies have you had (including this one)?" I wrote in 3. The next question was, "How many have resulted in live births?" Sigh. Let's pray that the answer changes from 0 to 1 next July - but there wasn't a better way to ask that?
All in all, a great day. I knew that praying a lot and wearing my lucky underwear had to work out. :)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Those questions are painful for me too.
Choose the general! Especially with a Shirodkar. You will be much happier!
I love that you have lucky underwear. Too cute!
I have to admit, Bree - hearing the story of yours was a big part of me leaning towards general!
LOL - thank you. :) I wore them during both of our embryo transfers, and then during either blood test/ultrasound days. It just makes me feel better. ;) (I suspect the prayers did more, but everything helps!)
I firmly believe in lucky underwear.
I can't wait to see your picture!!!
Angie *huge hugs* I am so glad that all went well. I am praying that all remains well for you and your little one.
I look forward to the ultrasound pictures. :)
Cheryl - thank you, I firmly believe in them, too! It's like a security blanket you can wear! ;)
Thanks so much, Jess! Those prayers mean so very, very much! :)
I'm so glad all is going smoothly.
And you are having a girl. I just know it! I put my money on it!
Heather, I keep wavering back and forth! I keep finding myself saying "her," but we had such a strong feeling it was a boy during the transfer. Hopefully I will find out early in the pregnancy! :)
I remember those forms... :(
The spinal isnt bad, just to say. I had one with my Shirodkar and felt fine. But I am not a drug person. I dont think I would have done well with a general. (Our hospital only does generals in emergencies and only uber emergencies on pregnant patients, so even had I wanted one, I wouldnt have gotten one.)
Thanks so much, Michele. What I might do is play it by ear until that day, too - they said that I could talk to the anesthesiologist that morning if I have a strong desire either way. That might just be easiest - see how my nerves go.
Post a Comment