Friday, December 18, 2009

23 weeks and 3 days - Jota

A few days before the embryo transfer, I turned to my husband as we were going to bed and said, “If this works, we need to come up with a name that either starts with an ‘H’ or a ‘J.” He just looked at me and asked why. I explained that I thought it would be fun to nickname the baby with those letters in the Spanish alphabet – call the baby “Hache” (pronounced “ah-chay”) if we chose an H name, or “Jota” (pronounced “ho-ta”) if we chose a J name. He shook his head, told me he was not on board, and we went to bed. (To his defense, I was mostly just having fun. He’s Dutch/Irish and I’m German/British – it’s not like we have a rich Latino background. I just took a lot of Spanish in high school.)


Well, I’ve still taken to calling the baby “Jota” to irk him, even though we don’t even have any J names on the list. :)  So, as I promised yesterday evening, here is the 3D picture of Baby Jota (the 2D ones were a little fuzzy and/or involved the baby standing on his/her head):


13 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful little Jota!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I love that it's spreading! :)

cheryllookingforward said...

I love this! I've never seen a 3D of a baby this small!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I was amazed they did it, too! We're looking at the top of him/her, obviously, so it's hard to see the arm and leg buds - but I know I'm in love!

jill said...

Jota and Hache are the cutest in-utero names! Love the pic of Jota :)

Anonymous said...

Angie, this is precious. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jill - I love that I'm not the only one who thought it was adorable! You just made my day! :D And thank you!

Jess - thank you so much! I am smitten. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you, Michele! :)

Bree said...

The pic is incredible! We are actually going to a 3d/4d place tonight. I am so excited. I wanted to go with Ella, but never made it. They say they can tell the sex. So, hopefully Jelly Bean cooperates. :)

Love Jota! It's fun to have different nicknames for the little ones.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You'll love it, Bree! We got a 3D scan with Maddie at 18 weeks - they could absolutely see gender at that point. I hope you get to see everything - and have fun with Jelly Bean! :)

Rachel said...

Awwwwwwwwww.....

Lowell said...

I'm on board with the Jota thing (and how could I not be after calling Holden "Stewie" the entire time Leah was pregnant), however I'm going to have to pronounce it so that it rhymes with Yoda.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I am 100% on-board with that. :) At this point in gestation, they are even kind of proportioned like Yoda, so it's pretty apt!