I think there are quiet days, days when there aren’t a ton of words.
Although it was a little frustrating to be stuck inside the last three days, it was a relief to be on virtual bedrest. I felt like the baby was more secure, safer. I went to the flu shot clinic today at work. I went and got an H1N1 vaccine about four weeks ago and everything was fine, but I panicked a little then and I’m panicking a little again now. It’s totally irrational – I know that the vaccine isn’t new (just the dead viruses), it’s been used on millions of pregnant women over the years, there are no adjuvants, I’ve been told to get it by two doctors, and I even have a friend who’s finishing up his doctorate in immunology. I know that there’s no reason to be upset, but I just have this tiny fear that my very, very light egg allergy is going to cause problems, or that the baby will react poorly, or… something. I know that I won’t be content until this baby is born safe into my arms, but I’m just fighting to be reasonable sometimes.
Thanks, all, for letting me vent. :)
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I got the shot too, against my belief in no vaccations. But, since I work with kids and have a sucky immune system, I got it. I've been teasing saying, well I'm not going to lose this baby to h1n1, now I just have to worry about it missing a limb.
I'm with you, Bree - I've had cancer a couple of times, so usually they debate if my horrible immune system or the light egg allergy wins. Usually I don't get one due to the egg allergy, but I also figured this was probably smart.
You can vent anytime. I am sure everything will be fine with the vaccine. But I know how easy it is to worry over every little thing. I did that in my pregnancy with Madelyn before I even knew anything was wrong - I can only imagine how much worse it is after a loss. Thinking of you!
Don't think you have to be reasonable when you have me reading your blog!!
I didn't know that you had cancer... can you fill us in? I'm guessing you are cancer free now, though.
Heather - you're so kind and sweet! :) Thinking of you, too!
Cheryl - you made me laugh with your first sentence. :) I just threw up a quick blog about the cancer, so that you don't have to read through all of the comments to get a response!
Angie dear, its your blog. You say what you want. You don't have to edit your feelings or feel a certain way. We are hear to support you. *hugs*
Besides...especially now I can understand worrying about every little thing.
Jess, thank you so much. :D That is so sweet - and it means a lot!
Post a Comment