On Monday, it will have have been five months since Maddie was born. Today, however, is 21 weeks and 3 days – the exact number of days pregnant I was when we lost her. It’s so hard to believe that she’s been gone as long as she was with us physically.
She was such an amusing, sweet baby. When we went to her 8-week ultrasound, she was so tiny, but was bouncing all over along the bottom of my uterus, waving and kicking. When we went for her gender scan at 18 weeks, she was so incredibly active that they had to trick her into settling down long enough for them to get the heartbeat for us (she wasn’t shy about showing us that she was a little girl, though!). I just treasure every second I had with her.
Friday, December 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I'm so glad you had Maddie and she was chosen for you. These memories are so precious, thank you for sharing them.
treasure those memories. You will always have them.
Thank you, both of you.
I'm thinking of you today.
I'm so glad you have those memories. Wish you had more.
I know I still owe you an email. I've been holed up in bed for days. :)
Cheryl - you're so very sweet. :) Thank you.
Bree - are you doing okay??
Just restating what everyone else has said: glad you have those memories of Maddie and only sad you didn't get to create more. I know she's with you still though.
Bless you, Lynn - thank you. I'm thinking of you.
I loved reading your description of your happy baby. Hearing you talk of Maddie brought me back to a place of memories for our children. Thank you.
Thank you so much, Michele - and I love hearing that! It's such a wonderful, warm memory, isn't it?
Wow, that time will be coming up for me and you just reminded me of that. Surreal.
Post a Comment