Monday, December 21, 2009

23 weeks and 6 days - Beautiful

There are so many times that it feels like the rest of the world has moved on from remembering Maddie. While I understand this is normal, and want to honor her memory as I can, I was greatly moved this past week by two actions.


A friend and his wife who have been rocks throughout everything sent us a Christmas present on Friday. I got it home, and we were so touched to see this (sorry for the crummy cell phone picture):




My husband’s first comment was that the little nose was mine and Maddie’s, as were the cheeks. We had decided for a bunch of reasons not to put the tree up this year, but this is going to hold a special place year-round, anyway.

A coworker also told me when he gave us our Christmas card that he had donated in Maddie’s name to the March of Dimes. This really, really touched my heart.

I am so lucky that my daughter inspires love like this. I’m so blessed to have such a gift in my life.

9 comments:

Heather said...

I love it. So beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful ornament. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thanks, Jess. :) It's even prettier when it's not all washed out by the crappy light.

Bree said...

I love the ornament. How precious. And, how sweet of your co-worker to donate in Madeleine's name. Thanks for all your support this week. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Bree, anytime.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful angel, and what an amazing gift. And I am blown away by your co-workers donation - I know how much that must mean to you!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're such a sweetie. :) You're right - even if the ideas themselves weren't so beautiful, the simple fact that they're thinking of Maddie is just invaluable.

Holly said...

It's so nice when people remember and do nice things like this.

Jill said...

No doubt that Maddie inspires love in people! Beautiful ornament! xx